Warrington Wolves 23-16 Wakefield Trinity: Hosts book Super League play-off berth

Warrington vs Wakefield
Super League
7:45pm Friday 6th September

Halliwell Jones Stadium

Secure their own position and warrington Wolves endured a courageous second-half fightback from Wakefield Trinity to assert a 23-16 victory.
A rally in the visitors saw them reduce the deficit to four points, although as they led 16-0 in half-time the Wolves appeared to be well on their way to success at at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.
Steve Price’s men stopped their six-match losing streak in Super League due to efforts in Bryson Goodwin, Daryl Clark, Ben Currie and Josh Charnley while Stefan Ratchford kicked three goals and Dec Patton added a drop goal.
Wakefield claimed attempts through Morgan Escare, Ben Jones-Bishop and Ryan Hampshire and recorded two goals. The defeat ensures they remain in the relegation struggle and face an showdown at home to London Broncos.
Blake Austin returned into the Wolves side after a four-week absence with the ankle injury that forced to him miss the Challenge Cup final win over St Helens, while Chris Hill, Mike Cooper, Patton and Toby King all came back into the side after missing out the loss to Salford Red Devils five days after his Wembley heroics.
Wakefield made four alterations for the side that missing 24-16 in the home with Titus Gwaze coming to the negative for Chris Annakin, Anthony England, James Batchelor along with Bill Tupou, Jordan Crowther, George King and Joe Arundel.
The visitors had given a fantastic account of themselves dealing with and forcing two dropouts the Wolves were throwing in them.
But after all their ancient excellent work they pressed on the self-destruct button when, on the final tacklethe ball slipped through Danny Brough’s palms and Jacob Millar was forced to a hurried kick that went out on the complete, gifting Warrington possession 20 metres in the Trinity lineup.
The Wolves had no second invitation as Jason Clark slid a pass from Lance Todd trophy winner Clark and the attack scooted around to the opening try.
And the home side added to their tally five minutes after when again that the Wolves hooker was involved because his long pass gave Currie that the room to attack the Wakefield line and also the next rower powered over from the corner, along with Ratchford landing a nice touchline conversion to make it 10-0.
When a managing saw the touchline raced down to score, Along with the first-half dominance of Warrington brought more things eight minutes.
Ratchford booted on his next goal of the half to give the Wolves a edge at half-time.
Wakefield made the ideal start and shocked their hosts with two tries in the opening seven minutes to give themselves hope of a comeback.
Trinity submitted their first points of the game two seconds after the restart when Arundel created a powerful break along with full-back Escare that was on-loan had been to carry score and his pass.
When some enterprising play the ball alive and Jones-Bishop jumped through the Wolves defence to touch down and it made better for the people. With Brough on target using conversions, the end result was down to four factors in 16-12.
But all the momentum was lost with another error after they lost possession deep and the Wolves again took benefit as Austin and Ratchford combined to ship Goodwin in at the corner.
Hampshire crossed to provide Trinity as it was made by his try hope again 20-16 however a Ratchford penalty and any nerves eased and observed the natives.

Оставить комментарий