Step 1: submit an application for a wedding Licence
2. Review instructions on re-marrying after a divorce or separation, if relevant.
3. Complete a married relationship licence application.
- For quicker service, apply online.
- You can print the form if you are unable to submit your application online or prefer to use a paper version.
4. Search well for City Clerk’s workplace aided by the after:
- completed application dated with original signatures (not photocopied or scanned)
- 2 items of initial and legitimate federal government issued ID for every person using through the set of appropriate ID (see recognition needs)
- divorce or separation documents, if relevant
You are able to use without your spouse, if:
- the two of you have actually finalized and dated the finished application (applications with scanned or signatures that are photocopied never be accepted)
- you bring the needed recognition for each individual regarding the application (original ID only, we are going to maybe maybe not accept photocopies or scanned images)
- bring divorce that is original, if relevant
- You must bring your own interpreter if you cannot read or understand English.
- The interpreter must provide their very own identification.
The expense of a wedding licence is $140 (HST will not use).
The wedding licence cost is non-refundable.
Anybody older than 16 years old will get married in Ontario. If you should be under 18 years old you’ll need permission from your own moms and dads or legal guardians. a parental permission kind must certanly be finished. Kinds can be purchased in our workplace. Your mother and father or guardians that are legal additionally be current during the time you distribute your wedding licence application.
Many people are welcome to utilize for a married relationship licence and acquire hitched in Ontario, whether you reside here forever or temporarily. There are not any gender, residency, citizenship or requirements that are medical trying to get a married relationship licence. Certain requirements are identical for all.
Every person trying to get the wedding licence must bring 2 items of appropriate federal government issued recognition (ID) through the list below.
- Recognition needs to be legitimate and initial (we are going to maybe maybe not accept photocopies or images/documents that are scanned
- Identification must definitely provide your appropriate title and date of birth
- Very first and names that are last match from the two items of ID which are presenting.
- To own your center name(s) included on your own wedding licence it should appear on both also bits of ID.
- ID regarding the list could be from any national nation, provided that it really is government granted.
- In the event that ID just isn’t in English, a written translation from an avowed translator is needed.
- Health cards and S.I.N. cards will never be accepted.
- Birth Certification
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario picture Card (Purple photo ID card)
- Certification of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Citizenship Card)
- Canadian National Refugee Travel Document
- Conditional Launch Identification Card
- United States Of America Green Card
- Native Reputation Card
- Record of Immigration Landing
- Verification of Permanent Residency
- Permanent Residency Card
- Citizenship Card
- Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Divorced in Canada
You have to submit formal evidence of the divorce proceedings once you submit an application for a married charmdate review relationship licence. This could be the first or perhaps a court-certified content of the:
- Last decree
- Certificate of divorce proceedings
An avowed content of either of the above mentioned breakup documents could be obtained through the court office that given the divorce proceedings. A Decree Nisi, Divorce purchase or Judgement is certainly not appropriate. All papers will likely be came back.
You can contact the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings or 1-613-957-4519 if you do not know where your divorce was granted.
Divorced Outside of Canada (Foreign Breakup)
That you are no longer married if you were divorced outside of Canada, you will need to provide certain documents to prove. Any office of this Registrar General for the province of Ontario has to validate these documents and offer authorization to help one to get a married relationship licence.
To find out more, contact the Marriage Office at 1-800-461-2156 (toll-free) or see provider Ontario. Foreign breakup packages can additionally be found at some of our workplaces.